Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
Quantity:
Subtotal
Taxes
Shipping
Total
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes


view:  full / summary

Meeting Minutes November 15, 2016

Posted on January 8, 2017 at 7:30 PM

FOA met at the Golden Corral in Winder on 11/15/16.

Bill Howell opened the meeting at 7pm.

Sue gave us the treasury report and club balance after the Moonshine Show and the sell of the audio equipment to the Dixie Cruisers for $450.

Moonshine Show Oct. 21,22,23 had a 1000 cars over the 3 days. and the club will have a good take from it money wise. Next year the Moonshine Show will host the Galaxie National and a banquet in the Museum on Oct 28,2017.

The club will need to place an order for new tee shirts in 2017..

Next years events to list a few, Chili Cook Off March 19th @ 1;30pm at Fort Yargo, Summit Show for July,still under discussion, Maggie Valley Oct 7th (NEGMC).

Meeting adjourned at 8pm

Members Attending were Bill & Sue Howell, Joy & Bruce Guiney, Walt Simonds, Charles Morton, And Joe Huff.

October 18, Meeting Minutes

Posted on January 8, 2017 at 7:25 PM

October meeting 10/18 was held at the Golden Corral in Winder.

Bill Howell opened the meeting at 7:14 PM

Sue Howell gave us the treasury report, club balance , and information on club insurance for next year.

Walt made a motion that we sell our audio equipment to the Dixie Cruisers for $450 and it passed with a member vote.

Walt also talked about the Moonshine Show coming up Oct. 21,22,23 in Dawsonville and we discussed the shows we want to have for 2017, such as the Chilli Cook Off ( not a show but a function) and the Summit show in June.

Charlie asked about officers for next year and Bill said he will email everyone about the elections .

We adjourned at 8pm.

Next meeting will be Nov 15th at Golden Corral in Winder.

Members attending were Walt Simonds, Bill & Sue Howell, Charles & Anna Morton, Danny & Beth Vinning, Bruce & Joy Guiney, Art Coates, and Joe Huff.

Monthly meeting 9/11/2016

Posted on October 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM

 

Jeff opened our picnic meeting at Hurricane Shoals Park at 3:05pm.

Sue gave us the treasury report and said we will be paying $350 for next years insurance. Walt will make sure we have the coverage we need.

We talked about the most important shows coming up like MEGMC show at Maggie Valley on Oct 1st, and most important our FOA Moonshine show Oct. 21,22, and 23 in Dawsonville. Then next year our Chili Cook Off open to more people. The Summit Show again will be for Mustangs and all other Fords.

Jeff's last official meeting as president was today.

Our next meeting will be at the Golden Corral in Winder on Oct.18.

Jeff closed the meeting at 3:29 pm.

Members attending are Jeff & Leigh Anne Beaver, Bill & Sue Howell, Walt Simonds, Karen & Lou Manglass, Art & Nancy Coates, Tom & Barb Morton, David Morton, Bruce & Joy Guiney ,and Joe Huff.

 

Monthly meeting 8/14/2016

Posted on October 18, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Bill opened the meeting at Provino's at 3:55PM.

Jeff has told the club that he would be stepping down as President after the Sept. meeting.

We talked about the next meeting on Sept. 11 at Hurricane Shoals Park pavilion 3. The club will provide the meats and everyone will bring a dish.

Sue gave the club treasury report and the club is in good shape. Walt is looking for a buyer for our PA equipment.

Next we discussed the up coming Moonshine show on Oct. 21,22,and 23 in Dawsonville. There will be no judging, but if you register you will get a jug.

Walt wants me to bring the club by laws so we can look at changing them to more reflect the make up of the club now.

We adjourned the meeting at 4:24 PM.

Members attending are Walt Simonds , Keith & Debbie Corkern, Tom & Barb Morton, Karen & Lou Manglass, Sue & Bill Howell, Bruce & Joy Guiney , and Joe Huff.

July 10, 2016 Meeting Minutes

Posted on August 15, 2016 at 12:25 AM

 

Jeff opened the July meeting at 3:15PM that we met at Bill & Sue Howell's Home & Garage. We had just finished a grand lunch meal .

Sue gave the treasury report that finds the club in a good position. To find out the particulars you need to attend the meetings.

Jeff delivered the membership report stating the we are at 186 members. We had 4 new members join at the Summit Show.

The Summit Show on June 25, ( the hottest day of the year so far) had a total of 97 cars. Jeff thanked everyone involved in helping with the show. The list of members attending are the people that helped us put the show on.Walt said we may separate the trophy classes next year.

Upcoming events are FOA Picnic on Sept 11 at Hurricane Shoals park , NEGMC Show at Maggie Valley on Oct 1, and Moonshine Show Qct. 21-23.

Jeff has full filled the 2 year term  as President as of  the September meeting.

Our next meeting will be at Provino's on August 14 @ 2:30PM

Meeting was closed at 3;29 PM

Members attending the July meeting were Jeff Beaver,Richard & Sheryl Hale, Joe Huff, Rick & Cher Hayslip,Keith & Debbie Corkern, Tom & Brab Moton, Sue & Bill Howell, Michael Shea, Charlie & Anna Morton, Randy & Carole Church, and Bruce & Joy Guiney.

 

No Meeting in June

Posted on August 15, 2016 at 12:25 AM


Meeting Minutes May 15, 2016

Posted on July 18, 2016 at 9:00 PM

 

Jeff opened the May 15th meeting at Provino's at 3pm. He gave us the club membership report stating that we have 179 active and 102 charter members.

Sue reported on the club's treasury status, which is in good shape for the upcoming shows.

Jeff opened the discussion up about the FOA Summit Show on June 25,2016. Bill and Walt have picked out the trophies for the show. We got them at a good price from Summit. We will have a best in show trophy this year along with the top 20.

Walt has set up a picnic for the club at Hurricane Shoals park on sept. 11,2016 at 1:30 PM.

Rick talked about the NEGMC Maggie Valley show on Oct 1 from 8;30am to 4 pm. there are trophies for 26 classes.

June meeting will be at the Summit Show.

July meeting will be at Bill & Sue Howell's house on July 10th at 2PM.

Jeff closed the meeting at 3:56PM

Members attending the meeting were Jeff Beaver,Karen & Lou Manglass, Tom & Barb Morton, Rick & Cher Hayslip, Charles & Anna Morton, Sue & Bill Howrll, Bruce & Joy Guiney, and Joe Huff.

 

Sunday Aptil 3, 2016

Posted on May 15, 2016 at 12:00 AM

 

Jeff opened the FOA meeting Sunday 4/3/2016 at 3:30PM at Provino's Mall of Ga.

Jeff gave us a report on our membership being 102 Charter Members and 77 members having paid their dues.

We talked about up coming events such as our Summit Show on June 25th. Bill and Walt are working on the trophies and the venders for the show. NEGMC is planning a night out at the Tiger Drive-in for June 4th. Foa is planning a pick nick at Hurricane Shoals park on Set. 11th at 1:30 PM.

Sue gave us a treasury report on the club's balance and to say that we have paid everything on the Chili Cook Off of 3/13/2016.

Our next meeting will be at Provino's Mall Of GA. on 5/15/2016 at 2:30PM

members attending were Tom & Barb Morton, Bruce & Joy Guiney, Charles Morton & Anna, Lou & Karen Manglass, Joe Huff, Jeff Beaver, and Bill & Sue Howell.

 

no meeting in March of 2016

Posted on May 15, 2016 at 12:00 AM

We had a great day for our 2016 Chili Cook Off . We had 10 pots of Chili to taste and enjoy. We presented 5 pots of Chili with a trophy . We had a good group of people, but we were looking for a better turn out with the weather being so good and the great location at Fort Yargo.

Meeting Minutes Febuary 21, 2016

Posted on March 8, 2016 at 9:50 PM

The FOA met at Provino's at the Mall on 2/21/2016 at 2:30PM. Jeff opened the meeting at 3:40PM after we had a great meal.

Sue Howell gave her first treasury report as the new club Treasurer. The bills have been paid and the club is in good shape.

Jeff presented the membership report since he took that over from Sue. We have 102 Charter Members now.

Jeff discussed the FOA Annual Chili Cook Off that is coming up on March 13th at Fort Yargo from 1:30 to 4PM. Thee will be 5 trophies given for the best Chili. Boy, that's hard to swallow. We will have a short meeting at Fort Yargo after the awards are given out. The April mtg. will be back at Provino's at 2:30PM.

We talked about the MEGMC Show at Mustangs Unlimited on March 19th from 10 to 4 PM., The FOA Summit Show on June 25th. We will have a picnic at Hurricane Shoals Park on Set.11. Maggie Valley NEGMC Show will be Oct 1st.

Charlie Morton talked about the MEGMC Rally on FEB. 13th. Rick Hayslip won and Bill Howell finished.

Jeff closed the meeting at 4PM.

Members attending were Jeff & Leigh Anne Beaver, Anna & Charlie Morton, Walt Simonds, Richard Hale, Bruce & Joy Guiney, Rick & Cher Hayslip, Art & Nancy Coates, Keith & debbie Corkern, Joe Huff, and Bill & Sue Howell.

January 10 2016 Meeting Minutes

Posted on March 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM

 

WE had our January meeting at Provino's Italian Restaurant on Jan. 10th ,2016 at 2:30PM.

Jeff opened the meeting at 3;45PM

Jeff had not yet put together a membership report as he and Sue Howell have been exchanging duties between membership and treasury. Joy gave us her last report as treasurer as she has handed that task over to Sue. Sue and all the club members thanked Joy for her years of hard work as treasurer . Joy gave us the status of the clubs finances as of Jan. 2016.

We talked about the March 13th FOA Annual Chili Cook Off at Fort Yargo from 1 to 4 PM.. all information is on the flier .Just be sure to have 5 dollars for the park to get in. If you bring Chili that's all you need. We will have a back up food source with drinks and things.

Summit Show is the next big thing for the club coming up June 25th. Jeff, Bill, Sue and Walt have been in touch with setting up the show with Reggie of Summit. Summit is helping out a lot with trophies and door prizes.

Keith brought up the possibility of having a meeting with a dealership and that idea is being explored.

There are many other car shows that we talked about that are happening every week. One we really need to support is the NEGMC show at Mustangs Unlimited on March 19th.from 10 to 4PM.

Jeff closed the meeting at 4:15PM . Our next meeting will be Feb.21.

Members attending were Bruce &Joy Guiney, Randy & Carole Church, Brook Hayes, Charles & Anna Morton with Shane, Sue & Bill Howell, Karen & Lou Manglass, Keith & Debbie Corkern, Rick & Cher Hayslip, Joe Huff, Walt Simonds, Jeff Beaver, and Tom & Barb Morton.

 

December 2015 meeting

Posted on January 11, 2016 at 12:25 AM

 

Jeff took the notes from our December meeting at the palacial Bill Howell Car Emporium and Bar and here they are.

 

The Moonshine Festival had a really good turn-out. There was a communication problem and the news about no judging or popular vote didn’t reach the participants.

 

There were several Officer changes that were made and there was no member opposition to the changes. Those changes were:

 

Sue Howell assumed the role of Treasurer.

Jeff Beaver assumed the role of Membership Coordinator in addition to President.

 

 

The current membership is 247 current, 373 on file and 100 Charter Members.

 

There are 100 members that are categorized as Life Members. A vote was taken and they will all now be categorized as Charter Members.

 

The next FOA meeting will be on Sunday, January 10 at Provino’s Restaurant in Buford.

 

The date for the Chili Cook-off will be Sunday, March 13 at Yargo State Park.

 

The date for the Summit show is still up for discussion. There were some suggestions to move the date up to possibly in June.

 

It was brought to our attention that the Sugar Hill Community Center is available for rent if we ever need the space. There are costs involved so, some pre-planning would have to be involved.

 

 

 

 

Jeff

members attending were

Buster Moss, Bruce & Joy Guiney, Charles & Anna Morton, Walt Simonds, Bill & Sue Howell, Karen & Lou Manglass,Michele Morton, Jeff & Leigh Anne Beaver, Joe Huff, Rick & Cher Hayslip, Tom & Barb Morton, and Keith & Debbie Corker.

 

September 13 2015

Posted on October 3, 2015 at 3:30 PM

 

We had the FOA September meeting/picnic at Hurricane Shoals Park on 9/13/2015 @ 2 to 5 pm. We had a good turn out. The club provided the essentials and everyone else brought a side dish. There was a lot of good sides to be had. Everybody enjoyed the park and the food from what I heard.

Jeff opened the meeting after we ate with some anoucements about the up coming Moonshine Show and other shows. That will be our next show, so we need all of us to help with putting it on. The Northeast Ga. Mustang Club will help us in many ways to have a good show and we thank them for their support.

Members in attendance were Randy & Carole Church, Rick & Cher Hayslip, Karen & Lou Manglass, Ken & lisa Shoufler, Keith & Debbie Corkern, Nick & Stephanie Propes & Kids, Tom & Barb &David Morton, Charles & Anna & Michele Morton, Bill & Sue & Justin Howell, Joe Huff, Jeff& Leigh Anne Beaver, Walt Simonds, and Joy & Bruce Guiney.

 

June 2015 Minutes

Posted on June 28, 2015 at 9:55 PM

This months meeting was at Soprano's Grill.  Jeff opened the meeting at 4 pm. The list of memberships was sent by Jeff to John Clor (Ford Performance). Discussed the Summit car show set for July 18th and approved trophies for the show. Bill and Walt are making the trophies, They have spent a lot of time on them so far and they look great.

Joy gave the treasury report and asked if we would consider which charities we'd like to donate to this year. Sue brought up about a car show on June 28th in Cumming and asked if anyone wanted to attend. Rick Hayship said several form NEGA Mustang Club were planning to go, This is a charity event "Sunshine for a Ranney Day" which helps kids with disabilities. Several people expressed interest in going.

Charles Morton suggested we have our July meeting as a cruise-in at Avery Nursing Home in Winterville, Ga as many shut-ins have expressed interest in seeing some old cars. It was decided we'd have the July meeting there on Sunday July 12th at 6 pm.

We also briefly discussed the Moonshine festival in Dawsonville in October. The meeting was closed at 4:17 pm.

Those attending were: Joy and Bruce Guiney, Michele Morton, Tom and Barb Morton, Charles Morton, Anna Hoover, Jeff Beaver, Richard Hale, Walt and April Simonds, Sue and Bill Howell.

Respectfully submitted, Sue Howell

May 2015 Minutes

Posted on June 18, 2015 at 11:15 PM

We had our May meeting at Provino's @ the Mall of Ga.on the 17th. Jeff opened the meeting at 4:02PM.

Jeff opened a discussion about the Chili Cook Off. This year we didn't have the turn out that we've been use to. This cook off was later than we have ever had it. The conscientious is that we need to have it earlier next year, so we will set a new date back in February.

Joy gave us the treasury report and we had some people signing up to join the club.

Jeff talked about the Summit show coming up July 18th. and the Moonshine show in October.We will be joining the Ford Motor Club. There are a lot of benefits to take advantage of.

The club will be a sponsor for the NEGMC Maggie Valley Show with a $100 amount.

The next meeting will be June 14th in Braselton.

All this was conducted in about 15 minutes as Jeff closed the meeting at 4:15PM so we could eat.

members attending were Joe Huff, Sue & Bill Howell, Tom & Barb Morton, Michele Morton, Anna& Charles Morton, April & Walt Simonds, Walts little friends, Jeff Beaver, and Joy & Bruce Guiney.

April 2015 Chili/ meeting

Posted on May 17, 2015 at 11:50 AM

 

Well another Chili Cook Off has come and gone. There must be something very wrong with what we are doing. We have good weather, we have plenty of Chili, we have club members show up, but my, i mean the best Chili gets over looked. I can't figure it out.

We had a great day at the park, we needed more club members to participate. A good time was had by all that attended. I don't have the names of the so called winners but that will be revealed next month. We didn't get a sign in sheet so I can't tell you who was there, but if you weren't there you can't either.

Hope to see everybody at Provino's on May 17th at 3pm

Joe Huff

 

Meeting Minutes - March 8th, 2015

Posted on March 28, 2015 at 10:20 AM

 

 

We had our March meeting at O'Charley's restaurant at the Mall of Ga.

Jeff opened the meeting at 4:03PM while we were waiting on our food to arrive.

Jeff began with all the up coming shows that were happening in March and our up coming Chili Cook Off at Fort Yargo on Sunday April 12th from 1 to 4 pm. If you can cook a good pot of Chili, bring it if you dare. Some of the South's finest Chili Chefs will be competing for the coveted Chili Champ Trophy. Also we have the Summit show in July in Hot Atlanta. Motorama is later in April on the 18th.

The club voted on joining the Ford Motor Club and it passed with Randy Church making the motion and Sue Howell seconding the vote.

Joy submitted the treasury report to the members. Sue had to mail out some membership renewals .

Jeff thinks we can get up a order for some new shirts . We need about 12 shirts to make a run of shirts. Bill will call Rory with the order when we are ready.

With the large number of people we had at the meeting Jeff had us introduce ourselves to each other.

Jeff closed the meeting at 4:23pm as lunch was served.

Members attending were Keith & Debbre Corkern, Thom & Patty Fears, Charles & Anna Morton, Karen & Louis Manglass, Randy & Carole Church, Jeff Beaver, Richard Hale, Bruce & Joy Guiney, Bill & Sue Howell, Tom & Barb Morton, Walt & April Simonds , and Joe Huff.

 

Notice:  Ford Performance Enthusiasts Group

This is a seperate Meeting Minutes entry pertaining to the intent of the Ford Owners' Association (FOA) to join the Ford Performance Enthusiasts Group. A vote was taken and it was unanimously decided to join the group. Listed below is a quick overview of the membership benefits:

Benefits:

  1. 29 other active clubs
  2. Promotes both club memberships and club events
  3. Offers key insider support and information
  4. Discounts on selected Ford merchandise through FordShowParts.com
  5. Provides guest speakers, show vehicles and or free support materials for main club gatherings
  6. Organizes special plant tours
  7. Donates Ford Racing door prizes
  8. Supplies engineers for banquet presentations
  9. Supplies show vehicles for events
  10. Certificate Program from Ford, not a third-party report (costs?)

Why?

Why would Ford spend this amount of time and money? Simple, advertizing and recognition.

Ford Owners' Association (FOA) will provide a list of all of the email addresses of our members.

Each member then receives an e-newsletter containing an inside track on what's happening in the Ford Performance world – racing news, insider perspective from all the major racing series; the hottest offerings from Ford Performance parts; info on enthusiast events and club shows; even word on Ford Performance vehicles from around the globe.

Members can "opt out" and they will stop sending the e-newsletter.

Members information will NOT be shared or released to ANY third parties.

Best Regards,

Jeff Beaver

President

Ford Owner's Association (FOA)



Feburary 8. 2015 Meeting Minutes

Posted on March 9, 2015 at 12:05 AM

The FOA club met at the Macaroni Grill at the Mall of Ga. on 2/8/2015 at 3pm. Jeff Beaver ( President) opened the meeting at 3PM.

While eating a great lunch Jeff announced that we will meet at O'Charleys next month on March 8th at 3PM.

Joy gave us the treasury report.

Jeff brought up the Annual Chili Cook Off that will be on April 12th at Fort Yargo again this year. At the time of the meeting the club was unsure of the place of the event.

Jeff and Walt talked about the events on this year. March 14th- Mustangs unlimited show ,our show at Summit on July18th, Motorama Atlanta on April 18-19th, and the Moonshine festival Oct 23th.

Walt also presented to the club the possibility of the club joining the Ford Motor Club.

Jeff closed the meeting at 4:40PM

Members attending were : Joy & Bruce Guiney, Carole & Randy Church, Janet Bullock, Marcel Kohler, Sue & Bill Howell, April & Walt Simonds, Kay & Charles Lewis, Danny Vinning, Anna& Charles Morton, Richard Hale, Jeff Beaver, Barb & Tom Morton , Joe Huff .

January 25 2015 Minutes

Posted on January 26, 2015 at 9:50 PM

 

It was requested that everyone think of award categories for the Summit show in July. Also, we need as many pistons and connecting rods as possible for the trophies.

The Chili Cook-off date and location is tentative and will be discussed at the next FOA meeting. A suggestion was raised to have the Chili Cook-off at Loganville Ford.

For the Chili Cook-off, It hasn't been decided whether to have categories or a popular vote.

It was agreed to have the meetings on Sunday's at 3pm. It was also agreed that the meeting place should be held at different locations as long as they have meeting facilities.

It was suggested to have the contact information, of the officers, posted on all of the FOA sites and documentation.

There is a meeting/"banquet" for those who worked the Moonshine Festival this past year. It's at the Dawsonville Racing Hall Fame on February 7th from 1-5pm.

Shows:

37th Annual NEGA Mustang Club Spring Pony Roundup

Saturday Mar. 14th, 2015 (Rain Date: Sunday Mar. 15th, 2015)

Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama

Saturday, April 18 - Sunday, April 19, 2015

Our next meeting:

Romano's Macaroni Grill

3207 Buford Dr

Buford, Georgia 30519

678-714-0049

no December meeting was held

Posted on January 26, 2015 at 9:50 PM



Rss_feed

0